Our real estate equity team has extensive geographic, sector and structuring expertise with approximately 55 investment professionals across nine offices in the United States and Europe primarily investing in assets with value creation opportunities, select developments and/or complex situations. As of March 31, 2021, our real estate equity team managed approximately $9.7 billion in assets under management across 104 investments in complementary strategies to meet investor objectives across cycles. Primary areas of focus for our Real Estate Group equity teams include:
Our U.S. and European value-add strategy focuses on undermanaged and under-funded income-producing assets, including multifamily, office, hotel, industrial, and mixed-use retail properties across the United States and Western Europe. The strategy seeks to create value and generate stable and growing distributions to investors by buying properties at attractive valuations, implementing asset management initiatives to increase income and identifying multiple exit strategies upfront.
Our U.S. and European opportunistic real estate strategy capitalizes on increased investor demand for developed and stabilized assets by focusing on the repositioning of asserts, capitalization of distressed and special situations, and development of core-quality assets across all major property types including multifamily, hotel, office, retail and industrial properties throughout the United States and Europe.
Real Estate Equity Strategies
Ares Management Corporation’s Real Estate Equity strategy is to focus on cash flowing quality assets and de-risked developments with an opportunity to create value through repositioning, lease-up, re-tenanting, redevelopment, and/or complex recapitalizations. Our strategy targets primary property types located in liquid markets with diversified economies where we seek to deliver compelling, risk adjusted returns through a combination of asset selectivity and disciplined portfolio management.
Our Real Estate Group’s U.S. Equity platform implements real estate investment strategies that span the risk spectrum, with a footprint in five cities.
Our European Real Estate segment began in 1995. The investment team includes approximately 30 investment professionals with personnel based out of London, Paris and Luxembourg, with coverage of Frankfurt, Madrid and Stockholm.
Across the U.S. and Europe, we believe our teams have the experience to identify property types with favorable risk adjusted returns in a given cycle, underwrite and execute these types of deals and then monetize investments delivering attractive risk-adjusted returns to investors.
Targeted Investments Characteristics*
- Asset values of $10-250 million
- Attractive basis with above-average supply/demand dynamics
- Solid credit fundamentals
- Strong market position with competitive economic advantage
- Experienced, properly-incentivized sponsorship team with demonstrated track record
- Appropriately structured and documented investment
- Return opportunity that compensates for perceived risk
* Not every investment meets each of the above criteria.
Potential Benefits for our Investors:
Alignment of interests with our investors
Consistent, compelling performance across real estate equity and debt strategies
Dedicated and cycle-tested property professionals with local market experience and relationship networks
Complementary strategies to meet investor objectives across cycles
- Synergistic Ares platform with a well-informed global view, access to relationships and operational benefits
- Stable and growing income and/or capital appreciation from investments
- Disciplined growth with a focus on long-term value creation and capital preservation
Potential Benefits for our Owner/Operators and Financial Sponsors:
- Long-term patient investor with permanent capital
- Deep industry relationships
- Flexible and creative structures
- Active in many market environments
- Ability to grow capital base with client needs over time
- Execution speed with high certainty of closing
- Significant resources and operational assistance
To contact our Real Estate Group, please reach out to one of the key contacts below:
Real Estate Equity
For inquiries regarding real estate equity, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Real Estate Debt
For inquiries regarding real estate debt, please contact:
Email: [email protected]